Photobucket

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Toes

It is summer, thus making it prime time for my mild case of OCD to be in full swing. I am always on the lookout for new colors or fun ways to paint my nails, toes and fingers. I was on a hunt for a 'shattered' or 'crackle' nail polish and found something that I think is just a touch cuter. The cashier at Sephora, where I was looking for a shattered polish, had a few of her nails painted this fun sparkly way with Teal and Gold. It was awesome! I knew I wanted to try it immediately. The look is created by concentrating glitter at just the tip or end of the nail. Its no real pattern but that is what makes it fun, you can't mess it up. 

[French Affair-Only Gold for Me-Wild About Shimmer]

 First you pick your base color. Let dry. I used French Affair by Essie because it was 50% off at Walgreens and a great summer hue. Then I used Wild About Shimmer brushing just on the tip. Finally I follow with a drop of Only Gold for Me on the end. I use my finger to push the polish back onto the nail. I tried using the brush but the big glitter chunks stuck and defeated the purpose. Its not the most simple way but it was the directions I was given. 






It is hard to tell how sparkly and fun it really is in pictures. I tried and tried to capture it, I did my best. I was wearing my favorite type of summer sandal: the wedge. These are by Unlisted and I believe I snagged the bronze beauties at Shoe Carnival for under $20. Let me know if you have any fun painting pointers.



I am linking up at http://www.iheartnaptime.net/ 's Sundae Scoop. Go check out some other awesome crafty blogs.

2 comments:

  1. I love! I actually need to paint my toenails...I think the paint (which is probably a month old is starting to fade....haha!

    ReplyDelete