Photobucket

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Now and Then

This weekend I got a nice lesson on jealousy, a chance to till up old memories, and see some of my very special friends. I've made it a point to learn from every experience and situation I am in. Sometimes I don't recognize or learn right away but I still give it a shot.


These were my first friends when I moved off to college. Emily and Teresa were my neighbors in the dorm. Meggie was friends with my brother before I even moved to Columbia and she lived on the floor below us. We all clicked and we all bring different personalities to the group. I promise you would laugh if you got to hang out with us. We spent lots of time together. I can't even remember all the things we've done but we continue to be friends to this day and I am so grateful. 


[Emily, Teresa, Meggie, Me]

So fast forward from the college days to today. We all currently live in different cities and don't get to see each other very often. In fact we don't really talk that much except for some Facebook messages or texts. We blame it on our busy schedules and daily life. Easy excuse. But these are the friends when you get together, its seems no time has passed at all and things pick up where they left off. Time has passed and now Meggie and I are both engaged and getting married within the next three months. 


Her bridal shower was yesterday bringing us all back together again. It was an awesome shower at her mom and dad's home. Major props to the maids and moms they will get their own post for the food and decorations soon. This is also where the wedding will take place. It is seriously going to be gorgeous. And as we were looking around at everything I was overwhelmed with jealousy, and I hated that I felt this way. There is six weeks difference in wedding dates and I was freaking out inside with all the wedding talk. All the details, things I have overlooked and don't have planned. There were so many things that I loved that she is doing for her wedding that I want to do for mine. I don't want to be a copycat though.


I prayed that my heart wouldn't be jealous about a zillion times. And then something happened after the shower, after we had assembled all the programs (which may have been my favorite and funniest part of the night), after I had come to realize that my wedding will have its own uniqueness and timing and will, in the end, be wonderful  and exactly what I want. God answered my prayer, and quick. Meggie offered for me to use any of the decorations of hers I wanted after her wedding was over. {Heart sinks}


I was so worried about doing things she was doing and that she might be upset if I copied I was blindsided by the offer.  Then I kicked myself and the flood of jealousy retreated and my heart was overwhelmed with thankfulness for such a good friend. She has shared part of her bride gene that I am so desperately in need of


I drove home today feeling an insane amount of joy for my dear friend. I know she truly appreciates all her friends and family and love that they have shown her through this amazing time in her life. We forgot a picture of our foursome that probably has grown to more than just four but none the less we all love Megs just the same. I couldn't ask for a better friend, I'm so blessed!


[Meggie and her bridesmaids]

No comments:

Post a Comment