Photobucket

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Bride Gene

Were you born with a bride gene? It is the gene that causes you to dream of your wedding from the time you are a little girl until the time you find 'the one.' It must make planning easier because so much thought has already been put into this one particular day, right?


I wasn't born with this so called bride gene and neither was my sister. Her wedding took place in February of 2010 and I should have recognized immediately the challenges I would face due to the missing gene.




I think if you have this gene, you are aware of many traditions and try to plan your wedding somewhat by the book, whatever "book" or magazine this may be. One might be more inclined to stick to a timeline and all the wedding to dos. In all of my wedding planning I have purchased one magazine. Actually I take that back, it was a gift. I have not began following any wedding specific blogs. I have only browsed Pinterest for wedding decor ideas. I also read a great gift from a fellow bride-to-be, Inviting God to Your Wedding by Martha Williamson. It has great advice on keeping the focus on what exactly is happening on ones wedding day. Here is a quick reminder if you forgot.

Matthew 19:4-6

Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."



So why did I decided to write this little excerpt from my life? Our wedding is less than four months away and the majority of people will tell me I need to get on the ball. You are right. I need help. I need prayers. I need answers. I need to borrow someone else's bride gene. What I do know is the biggest decision has already been made when I answered to Brandon's proposal


I move on to the minor details with only 111 days to go. I'm not counting I promise, I just Googled a website to tell me. Now I feel fine because 100 days is a long time! I need a deadline, therefore I give myself 11 more days to make the decision that has been the hold up. Please let it be the right one.




1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful post! I love that you highlight the most important part of the wedding because it is so easy to get wrapped up in all the details! Good luck with everything :) Have fun with it too!

    Coley at
    www.whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete