10. Don't own a dishwasher.
9. The house design is awful and dishwasher is on other side of kitchen.
8. Major refrigerator purge that requires soaking of all leftover containers for at least an hour.
7. Gives your spouse a chance to get out of the doghouse.
6. To use as a barter in swapping chores with your spouse.
5. In a food coma from an amazing meal.
4. Running late.
3. Let spouse earn brownie points.
2. Everyone else is doing it.
1. You're lazy.
I'll admit it. I had a huge sink full of dirty dishes tonight. I blame it on reasons 8 and 1. As a matter of fact we often go to sleep with a few dishes in our sink. Shocker right? I don't need an excuse for having dirty dishes. WE ALL DO. Yes it's okay to leave them every now and then even for a couple days. Although I am not the best at putting the dishes straight into the dishwasher, I married someone who is. It is a blessing to have dirty dishes. Dirty dishes means meals eaten, which means food on the table which means happy hubby.
I find myself hating the sink full of dishes or baskets of clean laundry. They will get washed and laundry will get put away. Sometimes there are more important things to do. One thing I know, I'll never look back on my life and say I should have folded that laundry sooner or made sure my sink was always clean. Think about it.