Photobucket

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

cleaning has perks

I got the bright idea that Mondays aren't tough enough on their own. Which is why I decided to tackle the mess we call our spare bedroom. You know it's bad when you can't even walk in the door. Thankfully we have a door and we've kept it shut. Problem temporarily solved.
 
I trashed a lot of clutter today but came across several gems. I found the journal I started writing when Brandon and I first started talking. Apparently he made me have all kinds of thoughts I couldn't handle in my head so I spilled them all over the pages of a journal. It is so great to have because I really fell hard for this man and at the time had no clue how it was going to end. A lot of it was written during our long distance time together and it just reassured me that the five weeks we are about to be away from each other will pass and we will survive. In fact I think I need to start writing a journal again because reading back personal thoughts years later is so fun. Plus you get to see what you were worried or thinking about  and how it has played out. Even though I thought it before I documented it, I wrote I wanted to marry him just seven days after the first night we hung out. I guess it's true when they say, "When you know, you just know."
 
And then... there is this gem. A birthday card from Brandon and it pretty much sums up his sense of humor. Now I just have to find the perfect frame for it. I love this silly man of mine.

 
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. It's nice that you have a journal to look back on and remember such a special time! I just found some of my old notebooks in my parents' basement, but most of them were from junior high and were about boys that I'll never see again, haha :)

    ReplyDelete