Photobucket

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Our Wedding -- Part I

We've been married three months today! We lasted longer than Kim and Kris so we're doing pretty good. I'm sorry, but I had to. I gave you a recap after the wedding but I decided it's finally time to start showing you some pictures and tell you a little bit more about our day. If you remember it was very stressful planning our wedding and if you want to read herehere, and here for some of the details go right ahead. I don't want to think about that so I'll just let you check it out if you're interested. 


We invited our family and close friends to Gatlinburg,Tennessee for the wedding. It was a group of about 60 people, exactly like I wanted it. Our family and the wedding party stayed in a huge cabin with a gorgeous view from Thursday through Sunday morning. 23 of our favorite people all under one roof. Good memories. Even when one of my bridesmaids beat all the guys at air hockey.


Our wedding ceremony was right across the road from our cabin which was super convenient. We had not been to TN to see any of what we had booked. It was all decisions made with hope that they would turn out perfect and they did. My sister was the mastermind behind helping plan this destination wedding. I'll never forget the hours we spent on Gchat planning and swapping information from the vendors we had contacted. Thank you so much if I forgot to tell you. I'll NEVER forget that. 


Friday was our rehearsal, we walked across the road, and did a quick run through of the ceremony. Twice. Then we walked back to the cabin where my mom and grandmother had fixed Chicken N' Dumplings, BBQ Brisket, Salad, Rolls, Carrot Cake, and I honestly can't remember what else. It was DELICIOUS and everyone had fun hanging out at our cabin. It was so great for our families to spend time together for longer than the duration of one of BD's games. 


I know this post could go on and on but I'll try and let the photo's tell the story starting with... pictures of me and my groom. 




We decided that we were going to wait a year to get my
 wedding band and instead he surprises me during our first look. 








Tonight my husband spoke at our church's wild game supper and it made me realize all over again why I fell in love with this man. I'm blessed to have him to share my life with. 




On a totally crafty note -- please go visit my good friend Karen and show her some love. She had me over on her blog the other day sharing this EASY Valentine craft. Her photos are amazing if you have time to browse. Love love love them. 

1 comment:

  1. Omg. Too sweet. I feel like I'm going to melt! You had a perfect day! The photos rock too! :D And thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete