Photobucket

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

First and foremost, Happy Mother's Day MOM! Words can't describe my thankfulness for all that you have done and continue to do. I realize that even this day is as special as the last 27. Each year its something different. Last year you welcomed a new son-in-law to the family and next year there will be two. Hopefully in a few years you will be a Grandma and that too will just make this day more special for you. It is different now than when we were babies but no two Mother's Days will ever be the same. Motherhood is never over once your child is born. It is a lifetime commitment. 


As my time as a nanny nears fifteen months I have been able to get a small glimpse into what motherhood will be like.  I am SO excited, however I have seen exactly how much work it is. Diapers. Feedings. Crying. Tantrums. Crawling. Walking. Rolling over. Sitting up. Sickness. Teething. Doctor visits. Shots. Spit up. Sleepless nights. Dirty house. Punishments. Naps.  But with the work comes the priceless moments that I am so unbelievable eager to experience. Kisses. Hugs. Baths. Giggles. Smiles. Cuddles. Laughs. The good baby smell. Falling asleep in my arms. Walking. Talking. Learning. Conversations. Hearing "Momma". 


Oh this list could go on and on. Its a package deal. I think it is the bad that makes the good, great!


Happy Mother's Day to any Moms or expecting Moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment