Photobucket

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bridal Shower

Three ish weeks ago  on the 17th, was my bridal shower. (Better late than never on this post.) It was at my house and my sister, bridesmaid Liz, and Mom threw the shindig.  In cased you didn't remember here were the invites. 
There was so much delicious food. Chicken salad sandwhiches, fruit cabobs, relish tray, seven layer dip, chocolate covered pretzels and cupcakes. Amazing cupcakes!



The events began Friday evening as one of my good friends came in early from out of town to spend some extra time with me. My bridesmaid Liz also came over. We hung out and helped get all the food and decorations finished. It was SO much fun. I really enjoyed spending the night with my mom and sister and some close friends. 

Here are some photos from the shower. 













We ate, I opened gifts, all of which we love, and then we played a game. This had to be my favorite part of the day! This and the cupcakes. 


My sister had emailed my soon to be hubby a list of questions. He answered them. Then at the shower I was asked the same questions. For each answer I got wrong I had to chew a piece of Double Bubble. Here are some of the questions.


Q. What is Brandon's favorite food?


A. Chocolate Syrup and Biscuits 


Q. What was Brandon's first job?


A. A baseball player


Q. What is Brandon's dream car?


A. The Avalanche he drives


Q. Boxers or briefs?


A. Boxers - oops TMI


Q. What is Brandon's favorite song?


A. Small Town Kid- Eli Young Band


Q. What famous person would Brandon like to meet?


A. Mila Kunis


Q. What is Brandon's favorite color?


A. Camo - don't argue with him. It is a color. 


You get the idea. I did pretty good if I do say so myself. I missed five 
questions totally, two I got on a second guess resulting in only half a piece of gum, and I got 13 correct.  This is the wad of gum I ended up chewing. 






The day went by so fast. I seriously had such a blast and I know all the guests enjoyed the food and company. Each on of our gifts will be used and I am so appreciative of all of them and for all my friends and family that could join me in celebrating. I haven't received copies of pictures yet with people, I promise people came, but as soon as I do, I'll try to get them up!


I almost forgot! I got the suprise of my life at the shower. Another very special boy in my life popped the question. Unfortunately, I had to tell him no. Boy, I sure am a lucky gal!







2 comments:

  1. looks like you had a fabulous shower!! The spread looks fantastic. Wishing you the best for your future :)

    www.grace-and-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. I'm getting hungry just looking at the food! Sorry I had to miss it, but it looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete