Photobucket

Friday, June 21, 2013

Cooking

"What's for dinner?" Seriously this question is asked about four times a day if not more. There is just two of us eating each night so it shouldn't be that difficult to decide on a meal.
 
But then we do and I go to get the recipe and I run into the problem.. Oh, I don't have crescent rolls, or I can't find that type of cheese or seasoning packet, or cilantro for crying out loud... you get the idea and its frustrating. Shopping in the meat department here is also a little questionable because I don't know what cut of meat I'm buying and that doesn't sit to well with me.
 
I'm tired of our go-to hamburger casserole, hamburgers with macaroni and cheese, chicken teriyaki, chicken casserole, spaghetti and spaghetti casserole- are a few of our favorites.
 
I've turned to Pinterest frequently for NEW recipes but still find myself at a dead end often. I made an effort to try something new starting with the fish, and roasted vegetables, chicken noodle casserole, baked ziti, and chili dogs. I was on a roll and and then we had repeat BLT's and Teriyaki Chicken Stir-fry and I felt myself slipping back into our regular meals.
 
We don't own a casserole dish, just a few disposable foil pans. We can't grill and we don't have a crock pot or slow cooker (but I plan to shop around for one this week.)
 
Tonight it's an attempt at chicken chimichangas, and tomorrow our neighbor offered to bring dinner over and so I have a few days to gather some ideas. 
 
If you were in my shoes what would you cook or try to cook?

No comments:

Post a Comment