Photobucket

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Chicken Chimis and Crockpot Salsa Chicken

It might be a little easier to understand why food has become so important lately, but enough about the baby for now. I just want to pass on a few dishes that I feel are worthy of recommending. 
 
Here is an easy chimichanga recipe that I originally found here via Pinterest. I am always skeptical of the recipes I find there because the picture can be so deceiving of what your expecting. But this one was right on.
 
 Baked Chicken Chimichangas
1 lb shredded chicken
8 oz shredded cheese (calls for pepper jack, I used Colby jack)
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning.
 
Preheat oven to 350*. Spoon mixture onto flour tortillas, wrap, and bake for 15 minutes in non stick or sprayed pan. Flip and cook for 15 more minutes. Top with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, or any of your other favorite toppings.
 
 
 
Simple. Easy. and Tasty. One that is getting added to our favorites menu.
 
But I'm not finished because last night our neighbor brought us dinner and it too is going on the favorites menu.
 
What you'll need and I don't know measurements and haven't cooked it myself but it won't be long until I try.
 
Crock pot Chicken Salsa
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
Salsa
Crock pot
 
Pour salsa over chicken in crock pot. Cook on low for approx 8 hours. Serve over rice.
It was SO good and simple.
 
And if you don't like these directions or need to have measurements, I'm sure there is a recipe online for this somewhere too, I'm just going off of what he told us.

No comments:

Post a Comment